For a week…no kids, no spouse, just me and the pooch. So naturally I’m sitting around in my shorts, cranking up the tunes, and living the life.
So now for last week’s accomplishments:
- Rewrote the first 30 pages of Dawn’s Rise. Sent it out for review to a couple people, but if you’re interested in having a look-see let me know.
- Started a new chapter in The Immortals. Didn’t get much done on it.
- Finished Reading His Majesty’s Dragon. Started reading Heart of Hythea. (reading both on the iPhone Kindle App). I also ordered a bunch of books on Amazon.com.
- Made a lot of progress on the “drum room.” Which is no longer the drum room because I’ve moved all my drums and musical equipment into my upstairs office. I now have a drum set, a bass stack, and a PA system up here to keep me company. Now I’m trying to figure out how to hook the computer up to the PA without get a big hum. In the old drum room we went through almost everything and started dividing into “Keep", “Recycle/Sell”, and “Trash” piles.
- Got all my planned runs in. And I found a new place to swim: Bellevue Aquatic Center.
So then here are this week’s goals:
- Finish the first 30-pages rewrite.
- Find an agent and send out a query letter. This should be interesting. I’ll post something when it’s done.
- Keep working through the old “drum room” and get rid of what I can.
- Workouts: Runs of 8, 5, 4, and 5, 2 swims, 2 weights. Also if the weather’s not too bad I plan on taking the dog on a hike up Tiger Mountain sometime this week.
- Keep working on the paperwork.
Don’t forget this Opening Day for the Seattle Mariners. Go M’s! Next week is the home opener.