Car Wreck, NaNo, Invasion Tips, Awards!
This post is just a catch-all of random things that have been going on lately. Treat it like a newsletter I suppose.
Wife Survives Highway Rollover!
|She's doing fine, but the car is totaled. Apparently she hit some debris in the road, the car skidded off the road and up a steep hill, then rolled over down the hill. It's a complete loss. She only suffered some minor bruises from the whole thing, but it could have been a lot worse. Kudos to Subaru for building a car that can withstand this, but wag of the finger for losing control when a tire bursts. So now we're in the market for a brand new used car. We want a roomy AWD car with lowish miles and airbags. |
I'm currently right on track for my goal of 90K. I know I'm taking at least one day off from writing, so I actually need to build up some margin. I'm finding several advantages of plotting vs pantsing, the main one being short-term goals. With pantsing, I know how the story starts, and I know about where it ends, but I have no idea how it happens. With Plotting, I know each major plot point, so I only need to focus on getting the characters to each point, which makes it a little easier to judge progress. However...the first week of NaNoWriMo always goes well so I'll be better able to judge this in a week. Look for my Week Two tips on Monday!
Thank you very much!
Thanks! I don't know what Honest Scrap is, but it sounds great!
Apparently there are some conditions with these awards which I will pretty much ignore, but I will tell you a few things you might not know about me:
- My father was a professional synchronized swimmer.
- My mother performed Burlesque shows on Navy ships.
- I used to drive the NASCAR circuit before I was caught taking steroids.
- My daughter breeds champion muskrats and competes all over the world.
- My son has a rare genetic disorder which gives him superhuman strength and agility. We're discussing options with the CIA.
- Our dog once foiled a terrorist plot by chasing the terrorists into a deep well.
- None of these is true...so they're still things you don't know about me!
Disagree With Me!
Tips for Knowing the Aliens have Bad Intent!
Did anyone catch the series premiere of V? No one seemed distressed by the aliens, but they should have been:
- They came with no warning. And when they knocked down a few planes they said "oops."
- Beware of Greeks bearing gifts. 'Nuf said.
- They were far too sexy. Disguise is the first clue of deceit.
- They were using Mankind's Greatest Invention against us: Marketing. Have you ever met someone in Marketing you can trust?
- Has ANYONE ever watched or read Independence Day (ID4), War of the Worlds, The Day the Earth Stood Still, or Star Trek: First Contact? When giant space ships hover over major cities, it's BAD, m'kay? Heck, they even mentioned ID4 in the episode! WAKE UP!