OK...it's time to write an update about everything...so here goes:
- Dawn's Rise: I've done 2 things:
- I've submitted the prolog and 2 chapters to critters.org for review. Unfortunately they run about a month behind so I won't see anything any time soon. This also requires that I read/critique at least one story a week for them.
- I've looked into this site that posts reviews of query letters...publicly. I wrote a 500-word summary but they need 400. I've gotten it down to 450 but it's hard to figure out what to cut. I think I may just re-write the whole summary because it's just plot points and doesn't capture the essence of the story. I also don't want to just post the whole plot off my story out there.
- Wild Mary's Way: This is on hold right now. I like the story, and feel free to read the chapters I've posted so far. The story just needs far more work than I can devote to it right now. It's just not a great sample of my work.
- NaNoWriMo: I have some ideas about a concept I'd like to do. I want to create a blog-based story, a cross between LonelyGirl15 and the War of the Worlds radio broadcast.
- Running: I'm training for the Seattle Half-Marathon so each week I'm going to try to run a little further. Yesterday I ran 9 miles, and next Sunday my target is 10. I need to get in a 12+ milers before the race.
- Puppy: She's doing great, I'm doing great. I guess my allergies adjusted, so we're keeping her. I hope I don't relapse because that would suck.
- Ski Season: It's just around the corner. Once ski season starts, all bets are off.